Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Endings by Trisha Ashley

I did enjoy this book, but it was written in a very strange style, and the story would have been better if written in a different way, I feel. It was written as the ramblings of the main character as she is talking into a dictaphone, which meant she was far too familiar with me and the book was split into lots of random paragraphs and sections that flitted from one thing to another. I realise that this is probably how it was meant to be written, but it just didn't feel right to me. I'm not sure if I ever really liked the main character, Tina, who seemed a little big headed and also a little annoying. The ending was a real disappointment in how things were resolved with Sergei. I really disliked Sergei throughout the book, from start to finish, and he never endeared himself to me. Tina would have been better off without him. But I did enjoy the letters written by Tina to her clients, some of which were very comical. And some of the story lines were interesting, so I did find myself wanting to know what would happen. But it's definitely not as good as Trisha Ashley's newer novels. I give this book 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment