Saturday 3 November 2012

A Season to Remember by Sheila O'Flanagan

This was a really lovely book to read as the winter is upon us. I get very excited about Christmas (I know it's only November!) so I loved it. I really enjoyed reading about all the different guests at the Sugar Loaf Lodge. Each hotel room had a separate chapter telling the tale of the guests inside. The variety of stories of how families spent their Christmases was interesting to read, and I felt like I really got to know the characters in each chapter. The only problem was that as I got further through the book, the characters would start to mention other guests, and because there were so many different characters it was sometimes difficult to remember who was who! I absolutely loved the sound of the Sugar Loaf Lodge, and wish I could stay there! The descriptions of the hotel and the grounds were beautiful. The story behind the hotel was fascinating, although the ghostly aspects did seem not to fit in with the book, even though I did enjoy it. The only other complaint was that it was more like a collection of short stories than a novel, because there were just so many different stories within it. But it was still an enjoyable read. I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment