Thursday 29 November 2012

The Way to a Woman's Heart by Christina Jones

This was a good read, but I wouldn't say a fantastic one. The idea behind Ella moving to the countryside to have a break from her boyfriend and fulfill her dream of working with children was a great one. And the story started off well, especially as George was such an adorable little boy. But when Poll, the character who owns Hideaway Cottage, reveals that she is actually taking in homeless people, I found this a strange concept. Ash, Billy and Trixie were all loveable characters, but I felt that they could have been included in a different way, even if they were just lodgers. And Ash was a nice main love interest, but Onyx (his 'girlfriend') was a bit irritatingly perfect. The TV cookery competition was really interesting to read about, as were the traditional farmhouse dishes that the Hideaway team created. But I felt a lot of this was rushed, and that it was far too easy for them to win it. I did enjoy reading this book, but I just wasn't hooked in the way I am with some books. A few simple changes to the plot could have made a big difference to me. I give this book 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment