Sunday 28 October 2012

The Parisian's Return by Julia Stagg

I really enjoyed this book, not really knowing what to expect from the synopsis, but being pleasantly surprised. The book had me gripped from the first few pages. A few pages in I was concerned because when conversations were spoken in French, the characters spoke normally, but when they were speaking to their English friends their speech began to change to portray an accent eg "Jacques, ze 'usband of Josette", which was very irritating. But luckily this wasn't featured much in the book. There were lots of characters in the village where the book is set, all of whom were quirky but loveable, especially the main characters Stephanie, Josette and Fabian. There were a lot of intriguing story lines. For example, who is Veronique's father? Is Fabian just a money-grabber? Who is the mysterious man driving around in the green van? It kept me guessing throughout and often surprised me! There were times during the book where I just couldn't put it down wanting to know what would happen next! Therefore I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment