Sunday 5 May 2013

The List of My Desires by Gregoire Delacourt

This was a really interesting read, with a message about the dangers of money and that money doesn't bring you happiness. It is a relatively short book, but very engrossing and full of character depth. The twist toward the end was totally unexpected and shocking and finished the book off perfectly. It was quite a sad read throughout, with Jocelyne not really recognizing what she had before it was too late. I was hoping for a happy ending, but there wasn't really a proper one - but then I suppose that reflects real life! The only dissappointment that I had was that Jocelyne's haberdashery shop did not seem to fill her with pride in the way that it would have with me. She seemed to think her job was dull but it seems pretty amazing to me! Anyway, I give this book 9/10.

Warning: This was a proof copy and the actual book will not be out until 4th July 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment