Thursday 2 May 2013

Country Loving by Cathy Woodman

I was slightly disappointed in this book because I did not feel it was as good as Cathy Woodman's previous Talyton St George novels. Stevie was a good lead character but not as strong as I would have hoped. Once she realised she had feelings for Leo she became very needy and pathetic, thinking that she could not live without him, which I hate in female leads. After he left for New Zealand, she would not move on as Jennie sensibly suggested. The back story of Stevie's family was interesting to read and added a new dimension to the story. And I loved the description of the the farm and all the animals. The pregnancy storyline was a bit random and I felt unnecessary as Stevie had enough going on with the farm's plans. And I was slightly disappointed by the ending too, hoping Leo wouldn't turn out to be perfect and that Stevie would realise how lovely James was. I therefore give this book 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment