Thursday 26 April 2012

Secrets in Prior's Ford by Eve Houston

I adored this book, and was completely engrossed in the story. I will admit that at first it was quite hard remembering which characters were which, as so many were introduced near the beginning. But once I got the grasp of who was who, I fell in love with the book. I loved the descriptions of the village, the events that were happening, the connections between the characters, and the whole warm glow the story gave me. My favourite story line had to be about Clarissa Ramsay, who went through a real journey throughout the book. Her friendship with Alastair was lovely to read, especially because it never developed into anything more. Friendship between men and women as being a friendship in most stories I read are non-existent, so this was a breath of fresh air. Other characters I enjoyed were Ingrid, Jenny and Helen from The Gift Horse, who each had seperate stories, but came together as one, too. I can't wait to read the next book in the series and see what the characters will get up to next! Overall I give this book 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment