Monday 7 May 2012

The Love Letter by Fiona Walker

This book was a real disappointment for me. After I read the synopsis, I thought this book would be an enjoyable read. However, there was a lot to the plot which I did not like. My biggest problem with the book was the main character, Allegra. She was referred to as 'Legs' throughout the book which thoroughly irritated me. I did not feel like I could connect with her because she kept doing really stupid things, such as wearing her nephew's clothes instead of just buying new ones and letting herself be held hostage by her own boyfriend. I never felt connected to any of the characters throughout the book, either. I did like Byrne to start with, but after he and Allegra got together, he became a different character. In addition, there was a lot of references to them making love, without there any need to, which really started to annoy me by the end. In addition, the ending was also a major dissapointment. The whole book was just generally long winded with too much going on and too many different characters and family dramas occuring which were hard to keep up with. It is such a shame, because the writing style was good and there were a few entertaining moments, but the story got out of hand and a little surreal in places. Therefore, I give this book 3/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment