Friday 13 April 2012

Welcome to Rosie Hopkin's Sweetshop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan

I really loved this book and felt really involved with the story. Rosie was a brilliant main character, who was easy to like and empathise with. Lilian was also another good main character, and her back story was interesting to follow throughout the book. I loved the descriptions of the sweetshop, so much so that it made me visit my own local sweetshop! At first, there were three men who could have been potential love interests for Rosie. Moray and Jake seemed like perfectly nice characters, but went from being potential love interests to nothing in a matter of seconds, I did not even notice until their personalities seemed to have changed totally. And Stephen never really appealed to me, either, even when Rosie began to like him. Other than that, most of the other characters were loveable, particularly the little boy, Edison, who sounded adorable. And the story as a whole was very captivating. I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment