Sunday 1 April 2012

Open House by Jill Mansell

This was a really interesting story, but it took me a while to get into it. For some reason, I could not connect with one of the main characters, Nell. How she and Marcus ended up getting together was very adrupt and random, and she seemed to change her mind about him too easily. And there was something about Marcus which did not click at first, either. However, about half way through the book I did begin to like them a lot better. It was the other main character, Hetty, which I really enjoyed reading about the most. I felt empathetic towards her at the start, and felt almost proud of her as her character grew. Some of the minor characters were interesting, too, such as Kiki and Jemima. And overall, it was an enjoyable read once I got into it. I give this book 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment