Sunday 10 November 2013

The Summer House by Marcia Willett

I loved reading this book as the characters gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. They all felt like family!  Lottie was my favourite character because she was so unique and loving. Imogen and Matt felt like brother and sister, and I just wanted to shout at them when they were doing stupid things throughout the book. The only part I didn't enjoy was how Matt 'discovered' the secret which had been plaguing him. Some 'strange' photos led him to a conclusion which he could not have possibly come to! The twist in the tale was a good one, but how is was revealed seemed to have been written as if the author couldn't think of any other way. The ending was a bit abrupt, but I was disappointed to have finished it, which is a good sign! I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment