Tuesday 5 November 2013

How It All Began by Penelope Lively

I really enjoyed this book. It was short, and the story line was relatively simple - but that's exactly why I enjoyed it. I loved the premise behind the book, that one event that happens randomly can effect the lives of many unrelated people without them knowing it. I enjoyed reading about the variety of characters in the book, especially the relationship between Anton and Rose. Marion's journey to realising that her life needed to change was really inspiring. And I liked the fact that not all the characters were good. I enjoyed disliking slimy Jeremy and selfish Mark. And even though there was no closure to everyone's stories, I think this fitted in well with the idea behind the book. I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment