Monday 25 November 2013

Calling Mrs. Christmas by Carole Matthews

I did quite enjoy this book, but didn't think it was one of Carole Matthews's best novels. I loved the idea behind the book, and enjoyed reading about Cassie's new hope and career after such a period of unemployment. However, I felt it started to go downhill once she went on the holiday to Lapland with Carter. Carter was supposed to be charming, but I couldn't quite see it. He seemed too false and obsessed with money to be my kind of hero. I liked reading about Jim, his job, and the two youth offenders which he became fond of. Cassie did reach the right decision by the end of the book, but the fact that she was even considering the other option for so long made me hugely dislike her. I give this book 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment