Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Patchwork Marriage by Jane Green

I enjoyed reading this book. Even though the storyline isn't an original one, it was still interesting to read. I liked the main character, Andi, and seeing the story from her side. Emily, the teenage daughter, was suitably horrible. However, I didn't like the chapters written from her perspective. It seems that reading her chapters are supposed to make the reader sympathise with her and gradually start to like her. However, I never grew to like her and she just irritated me the whole way through. I would have preferred it if the whole book was written from Andi's perspective. I didn't like how the story changed from third person to first person, and the tenses seemed a little mixed up, sometimes being obviously in present tense, other times it not being so clear. Overall, the story was good to read and I did enjoy it. I give this book 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment