Wednesday 12 December 2012

The Xmas Factor by Annie Sanders

It took me a while to get into this book, but once I did I really enjoyed it. Beth and Carol, the two main characters, were easy to sympathise with and fairly loveable. The different family dynamics were interesting to read about, with characters like Tim and Jenny really adding a nice touch. Beth's situation with her step-daughter, Holly, was a good plot and added to all the pressures that Beth had to overcome throughout the book. When problems with the Christmas Eve party emerged, the characters all coming together at the end really brought to life the Christmas spirit. I liked how Carol and Beth's lives became intertwined, even though they were from different worlds. And Carol's love interest, Nick, sounded amazing! I give this book 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment