Tuesday 18 December 2012

The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern

I enjoyed this book, which surprised me because I really didn't like it at the start. It took a while for me to get into it because the main character, Lucy, really annoyed me at the start and the whole concept of 'Life' being a person was a bit strange. But as Lucy began to take hold of her life and became a better person, I found myself wanting to read more. I still did not fully understand how all the people in Lucy's life all seemed to take 'Life' in their stride, and I was expecting for it all to be explained a bit more, which it wasn't. But some of the story lines were really fun to read, for example Lucy and Don's wrong number conversations, the antics of Lucy's family and Lucy's blunders at work. So overall, although the concept of the book took me a while to get my head around, it was a funny, sweet and a lovely read. I give this book 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment