Friday 28 December 2012

A Merry Little Christmas by Julia Williams

After reading a few other of Julia Williams's books, I was really looking forward to this one. Although I did enjoy it, it just didn't quite measure up to her previous novels. It took me a while to figure out which characters were which, as there were 3 main couples. I found myself forgetting which kids and husbands belonged to which leading lady! The storyline regarding Pippa's husband, Dan, was a very strange one which I didn't really like. And how it was resolved at the end was not your typical chick lit ending. Although I did prefer this ending due to Dan's drastic personality change. One little thing that really bugged me, however, was that two of the families seemed to have dogs, but these were mentioned only three or four times in the whole novel and seemed to be added in as an afterthought. As a dog lover, I feel that a dog in a novel should have a real character, not just be mentioned in passing. Overall, though, it was an ok read. I give this book 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment