Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan

I really enjoyed this book and it was a great sequel to Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe. The characters all came flooding back to me, although Jenny Colgan's reminder of the previous plot did help (and should be done more often!) I loved the main character Issy and her Cupcake Cafe. The other two main women, Pearl and Caroline, were so contrasting and their relationship was funny to read. The children in the book, mostly Louis and Darny, were wonderful. Louis was particularly cute. The Christmas spirit was lovely to read, as were the recipes. The only let down for me was the final few pages, where the plot came to a close. I was very disappointed by Issy's decision at the end of the book. Also, Austin did not appeal to me so much in this book as he did in the last. But overall it was a good book which I couldn't put down, so I give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment