Friday 6 January 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley

This Christmas Trisha Ashley book is much better than The Magic of Christmas. I felt like I really connected with the main character, Holly, and loved finding out about her Gran's life as she did through reading her journals. I also really liked all of the other characters which Holly got to know throughout the book: particularly Becca, Jess, and of course all of the animals. There was a really festive feel to the book, which was added to by the descriptions of the snow, the cooking, the decorations, etc. The main love interest, Jude, was a slight disappointment for me. I can't put my finger on why, but I never really warmed to him as a romantic figure, and even after Holly admitted she had feelings for him, I was still not convinced. However, overall the book was excellent, and I give it 9/10. A really nice Christmas read!

3 comments:

  1. I love how often we completely independantly are reading the same books! I am about half way through and am enjoying it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds must think alike! I got this book a few months ago but have been waiting until Christmas time to actually read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought mine Christmas 2010!!! Didnt get a chance to read it then, felt weird reading a Christmas book on Holiday in the Summer so waited until now! I think it would have been odd reading about snow whilst sitting on a beach!

    ReplyDelete