Friday 20 January 2012

Breakfast at Darcy's by Ali McNamara

I really loved this book and couldn't put it down. I loved the whole idea behind the plot: of moving to a remote island and starting a community there. Darcy was a great leading character, even though I wasn't sure I liked her at the start. I could see how she changed throughout the book for the better and developed as a character. I also enjoyed hearing about all of the different characters, from Dermot to Megan to Niall, who differ greatly but go together so well to make the plot work. Although some parts were predictable (not that I ever see this as a problem!) there were some surprises along the way. For example, I knew that Conor wasn't right for Darcy, but couldn't quite put my finger on it until certain facts were revealed about him. The only strange thing is the title and the cover of the book do not seem to match the story line at all. However, I still give this book 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment