Tuesday 1 November 2011

Audiobook: Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

I really enjoyed this story as it was very gripping. As Jodi Picoult usually does, the story is told from the perspectives of several characters, which I feel helped me get to know and understand them all well. Deliah was my favourite character and her chapters were always the most enjoyable. Andrew's chapters, I felt, were often very dark and told of some traumatic scenes from prison, which I did not personally enjoy but could see why they were important. The only character I could not really feel connected to was Fitz. Although this may have been because the narrator reading his part sounded very angry and sounded as if he was shouting all the time. There were parts where I started to lose interest, but I was glad to have stuck it out as there was a really good ending with some interesting twists towards the end. I give this audiobook 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment