Saturday 26 November 2011

The Secret of Happy Ever After by Lucy Dillon

This book is definately going on my list of all-time-favourite books. I've always enjoyed reading Lucy Dillon's books but this is my favourite so far. That may be because one of the subject matters is a bookshop (because I work with books), and another involved dogs (because I have a dog!). But it was also very well written and had some lovely and warming story lines. The two main characters were different types of women but I felt I could relate to both of them and always wanted to find out more. As Michelle's past slowly revealed itself, I couldn't help but read on because I was so intrigued by the events in her life that had made her who she was. And because I shared a love of children's books and reading with Anna, I felt as if I knew her like a best friend. There was not one bad point to this book and I couldn't put it down, so I give it 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment