Friday 28 October 2011

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning

I'm still a bit undecided about this book. I really love the story. I think the messages it projects are really important: to love yourself the way you are and that things do not always live up to your high expectations. I liked the character of Neve and also Max. But there was something about the way it was told that didn't quite work for me. It seemed very much revolved around sex, and some of the language used to describe the sex scenes was a bit distasteful. There were sex scenes randomly placed throughout, that felt that they were there just for the sake of it. I also felt that I couldn't connect to all of the characters, such as Neve's brother and sister, and that their characters could have been explored a bit further. However, I did enjoy the book, I just feel it could have been much better. I give this book 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment