Sunday 29 May 2011

Sowing Secrets by Trisha Ashley

I really enjoyed this book. The plot seemed familiar to something I've read before, and it was predictable, but I'm not the type of person to moan about that. In fact, I feel quite comforted by it! I really liked the sound of the village that it is set in, and the gardens that are described, particularly the roses. I felt very close and attached to the main character, Fran, and felt very defensive of her when her husband, Mal, was saying horrible things to her about her weight. Gabe the gardener was a brilliant leading man, seemingly nice and ruggedly handsome. Overall, the book was just a really cosy read, similar to how Katie Fforde writes, and she's may favourite author so that is a real compliment. I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment