Thursday 5 May 2011

Mother of the Bride by Kate Lawson

I chose to read this book because of the Royal Wedding and I'd read a good review about it and because it has been sitting on my bookshelf unread since Christmas. I think I'b been putting it off because I wasn't sure I'd like a wedding story, but I absolutely loved it. I loved all of the characters you were meant to love and hated all the characters you were meant to hate! I particularly like Molly and Jess and felt I really got to know them throughout the book. My dislike of Max grew steadily throughout the book as Jess slowly began to realise that maybe he wasn't the right man for her after all. I particularly liked the description of Jess's little cottage, it sounded like my ideal home! So I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I give it 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment