Monday 30 December 2013

Wish Upon a Star by Trisha Ashley

I absolutely loved this book - I just couldn't put it down. Cally was a heroine I totally loved and admired as her love for her little girl Stella shone through. Stella was perhaps the cutest little girl ever written, with her love for Sylvanian Families and observations of the world (perhaps she was a little too wise? But I still loved her). Jago was my kind of hero - a genuinely nice guy who had no intentions of pursuing Cally but slowly fell in love as their friendship blossomed. There were some brilliant quirky characters that were fun to read about, such as Cally's mother and Mrs. Honey. I also enjoyed reading about characters from previous Trisha Ashley novels. And I loved how so many things revolved around cake, although this did make me hungry! The book wasn't altogther that Christmassy, as it only came towards the end of the book, but it was still a wonderful read. I give this book 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment