Wednesday 11 December 2013

With Love at Christmas by Carole Matthews

I always think chick lits are great reads at Christmas time, and this one was perfect! In the first chapter, I wasn't so sure I was going to enjoy it, but after chapter two I was totally hooked and couldn't put it down. Poor Juliet has so much to contend with during the Christmas period that at first you just feel sorry for her. But the way she handles everything she comes across makes you admire her and love her. There were moments during the book where I actually laughed out loud and others that brought a tear to my eye. Juliet's family are absolutely crazy, from her pregnant daughter to her bi-sexual son to her mother who is starting to get Alzheimers. The other characters such as Lisa and Izzy, Merak, Robin and Samuel added some extra plots that pulled at the heart strings. Overall, it was a fun and lovely read, perfect for this time of year and I give it 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment