Friday 30 August 2013

The House on Willow Street by Cathy Kelly

This was an enjoyable and easy read which allowed me to imagine some lovely characters in a beautiful setting. Out of the four main characters, I loved three of them. Suki was the only main female I didn't like because her story was so set apart and unrelated to any of the others. I felt if she was just cut out of the story, it would have made little difference and she had no grip on me at all. Danae's story was a really touching one, with the secret behind her isolation and elusiveness being discovered by her niece who helped her overcome her problems. The main love interest for Tess, Cashel, was lacking something, however. His name, for a start, was strange and he seemed a little flat. And the reasons behind the so-called betrayal and fall out between him and Tess was a bit flimsy. I was expecting something much more dramatic. Their story was on the whole a little bit boring and they seemed to get back together very quickly with not much build up. Overall, though, I loved the setting, with the antique shop and the beautiful Avalon House. I give this book 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment