Friday 7 June 2013

The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory

I absolutely loved this book, it had me hooked! It was a little slow to start, but after a couple of chapters I was addicted. It was very fast-paced with lots of twists and turns. I enjoyed reading about historical events from a first-person viewpoint, and I really began to sympathise with Anne and her complicated life which she had little control over. And it seemed to really reflect how changeable life was for her from one moment to the next. What Gregory did really well was involve lots of different characters (and many with the same first name) without confusing me too much. In addition, it was good how she didn't portray Richard III as the villain he is often seen as in the history books, giving him a fairer representation. I give this book 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment