Wednesday 12 June 2013

The Holiday Home by Fern Britton

This was an enjoyable read, although it seemed to get off to a slow start. There were a few twists and turns throughout the book, particularly towards the end, which surprised me and added a bit of excitement to the story. The one problem I had was that I didn't feel particularly drawn towards either of the two sisters which the story revolved around. Pru was just generally irritating all round and mean to her - lovely but spineless - husband, and after reading 'Fifty Shades of Grey' all her marriage problems seemed suddenly resolved. Connie was easier to like but a little bit dim and didn't seem all that bothered when she discovered Greg's infidelity. Merlin, the main man who caused friction between the two sisters, was an irritating addition to the story. I see the need for such a character, but felt he wasn't up for the job! I did enjoy the book overall, but it just didn't have me gripped. I give this book 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment