Monday 17 June 2013

Heft by Liz Moore

This was a sad but enjoyable story. Reading from the point of view of Arthur showed insights into a life I couldn't imagine and I felt so empathetic towards him, I wanted to dive into the story and be his friend. When the story switched to Kel's point of view, I didn't enjoy it at first, but as I got to know him and his predicament, I started to warm towards him. These two lives, which are connected in a loose way through Charlene, run parallel to each other, and it was frustrating that they never got round to speaking to each other for so long! Yolanda was a character I adored - she was non-judgemental and kind, and I loved seeing the effect she had on Arthur. The ending was just perfect, not finishing with a neat conclusion, but with the promise of a conclusion to come soon. I give this book 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment