Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Accidental Husband by Jane Green

I did enjoy this book, but did not feel it was as good as 'The Patchwork Marriage' which I read recently by Jane Green. At the start of the book I got really gripped and really loved the main character, Sylvie. It was when Part Two started and the perspective shifted to Maggie that I felt the book lost it's sparkle and it just became an average read. Maggie irritated me as a character, which would have been fine had I grown to love her throughout the book. Although the events of the story drastically changed her character, I felt the transformation was too fake and she was too unrecognisable for it to be believable. The story as a whole was a very interesting one, and I read on wanting to know what would happen next. But overall, there was something missing from this book, so I give it 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment