Monday 15 April 2013

A Cottage by the Sea by Carole Matthews

I have enjoyed almost all the Carole Matthews books I've ever read, but this one has to be my favourite. The setting is what clinches the deal for me as it sounds like my idea of heaven. being isolated from the world by the beautiful coast. Grace is a character that I really felt connected to and respected for choosing her marriage over having an affair. Ella, one of her best friends, was also a loveable character who showed a lot of strength throughout. Harry and Art were suitably annoying, as was Flick who often deserved a bit of a slap, I felt. Noah, the love interest, was actually perfect and it is easy to see why Grace (and I'm sure many readers) fell in love with him. Although the plot twists were entirely predictable, this gave it a sense of comfort and security as it is how I wanted to story to go. The only problem now is that I'm disappointed to have finished it and I feel that I desperately need a holiday in Cwtch Cottage! I give this book 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment