Saturday 20 April 2013

Good Husband Material by Trisha Ashley

This was a really enjoyable read, and I was gripped! I loved the story of Tish, who desperately wanted to live in her dream cottage. Nuthill sounded lovely, and was full of some really quirky and loveable characters such as Mrs Deaken, Bob and Mrs Peach. James was a suitably horrible husband and as I got to know Tish, I felt proud of her and was in awe of her bravery for finally getting rid of him! Fergal was an interesting hero, not my personal taste in the looks (I'm not a fan of long hair on men) or music taste department, but I could see what a great love interest he was by his personality and actions. The only problem I had with the book was Tish's meanness about Bess the dog before she came to love her. She seemed a bit harsh! Even though the book was long (500 pages) I felt the ending was a little rushed. But overall it was a lovely read and I give it 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment