Monday 4 February 2013

Finding Mr. Flood by Ciara Geraghty

I really enjoyed this book. The storyline of the absence of Mr. Flood is an intriguing one, especially as revelations appear throughout the book. Stanley Flinter was a different kind of romantic hero - he was short, not outrageously good looking and not the strongest person - but this made him all the more loveable. His background story was an added dimension to the book which was really interesting to read about. However, Angel was a bit too annoyingly perfect, Mrs. Flood was a bit hard to like because of her negativity towards Dara, Tintin was a bit too outrageous and Anya irritated me with her accent. But although the minor characters weren't as engaging as I would have liked, the main characters of Dara and Stanley more than made up for it. Their relationship, which built throughout the book, was lovely to read. Overall, this was a book that kept me wanting to read on. I give it 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment