Wednesday 20 February 2013

Missing You Already by Pauline McLynn

This was a really enjoyable read, although it was sad at times. I felt connected to the main character, Kitty, and sympathised with her situation with her mother's Alzheimer's, which was very well written. The love interest, Simon, was another nice character, who suited Kitty well. The story with Dan and Donna was a strange one, but did have it's place. And I enjoyed reading Kitty's acceptance of the situation and her recovery from it. The only real issue I had with the book was that one minute the sections written from Kitty's perspective were written in first person and in third person another. I would have preferred the consistency of one or the other. The book contained various serious issues and interesting topics, which made it an enjoyable read. I give this book 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment