Thursday 6 September 2012

The Long Weekend by Veronica Henry

This was a lovely summer read that really got me wanting to visit the seaside! Although it wasn't as gripping as The Beach Hut, the storylines were interesting and the characters were fun to read about, as I wanted to find out more. I liked the main storyline of the history between Nick and Claire, and Nick's family sounded lovely. But I wasn't sure I liked what Claire had become since, and I thought it was a bit harsh on Nick's fiance that he was willing to leave her only minutes after meeting his ex. It may have been easier to read if she hadn't seemed really nice! Where as Luca was suitably horrible, so Claire wanting to leave him didn't seem so bad. The other minor storylines and characters were also interesting, particularly Laura looking for her father. Overall I give this book 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment