Saturday 24 March 2012

A Crowded Marriage by Catherine Alliott

This was a really good book. I enjoyed reading the story told from Imogen's perspective and discovering plot twists as she did. Some of the twists were really surprising and kept me gripped. Imogen's son, Rufus, was adorable and gave the book a homely feel. The way Imogen's husband was portrayed was very good - there was something about him that wasn't quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it, similar to how Imogen felt in the situation. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the love interest, Pat. He never really grew on me and his personality was somewhat lacking. The ending was also a bit abrupt, and I felt that it should have developed further. However, overall this was a good book, that I found difficult to put down. I give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment