Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Beach Hut by Veronica Henry

Although this book didn't progress as I was expecting, it was still an enjoyable read. After reading the synopsis, I imagined there would be three main characters, when there were stories told from many different character's perspectives. It was like reading lots of different short stories which all took part in the same location. The good thing was that I felt connected and empathetic towards each new character and their story as they were introduced. However, sometimes it got a bit complicated remembering all of the characters names and their stories when they were continued later on in the book. I liked the main family - the Miltons - and their various stories. And I also liked how several of the seperate characters came together in different ways. However, another issue I felt was that some of the stories seemed unresolved, whilst others were tied up neatly by the end. Overall, it was a nice read, if a little difficult to follow at times. I give it 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment