Thursday 30 January 2014

Best of Friends by Cathy Kelly

This was a nice read, but I didn't think it was one of Cathy Kelly's best novels. I felt connected to all of the main women in different ways. Lizzie was perhaps my favourite because she really overcame her challenges throughout the book. The topic of breast cancer and Sally's death were dealt with superbly and it was a great way of showing that good things can come out of horrible situations. The main disappointment I had with this book was that the three main women didn't seem genuine friends, more just acquaintances, and I believe that was what the book was meant to be about. They barely saw each other and didn't seem to know each other that well. However, the book was well written, and each individual's story was well told and fun to read. I give this book 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment