Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Silent Tide by Rachel Hore

I really enjoyed this book, it had me gripped right from the start. The story of Isabel was fascinating and I fell in love with her as a character. As things began to deteriorate in her life, I genuinely felt sad for her as if I knew her. Emily was the main character from the present day, and although I did enjoy her story, too, she wasn't as gripping a character. Her relationship with Matthew was a strange one, as the reader was clearly supposed to think he was marvelous, which I did not. After their break up, she pined for him, and this irritated me because I never thought he was particularly amazing. Towards the end of the novel, there were a few dramatic twists in the tale which I had not been expecting at all, and which had me in shock. The ending was particularly unexpected, but it was the perfect way to end the story. I give this book 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment