Sunday 24 March 2013

A Year of Doing Good by Judith O'Reilly

I really enjoyed this book, having never heard of Judith O'Reilly before but being attracted by the idea behind it. I liked how it was written in short diary excerpts, which made it easy to read. Although Judith sometimes reluctantly performed her good deeds and sometimes came across as a little selfish, I liked her honesty about the difficulty of her resolution. Some of the deeds, especially her work with the Jam Jar Army, were fascinating to read and a real inspiration. I'd say the only real problem I had with the book was that she didn't name her children, which seemed a little impersonal, but rather called them 'the-eight-year-old' or similar. Overall, though, this was a humourous read and I give this book 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment