Thursday 7 March 2013

A French Affair by Katie Fforde

I really do not want to say anything negative about a Katie Fforde novel because she is my favourite author. However, I am sad to admit that I was disappointed by this book. I just could not engage with the main character, Gina, because she was so changeable. One minute she was kind and understanding, the next she would throw a tantrum and start throwing things around the room! Matthew was a real let down as a romantic love interest. One minute he was all over Gina and the next he was cold and icy. I couldn't decide if I liked him as a person or not. The whole storyline was a bit farfetched, and Gina was not as strong a character as some of Katie Fforde's previous heroines. I did enjoy reading parts of the story, however. And it was enjoyable to a certain extent, I was just disappointed because Katie Fforde's standard is usually so high and I always wait in anticipation for each of her new novels. I give this book 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment