Tuesday 14 August 2012

Talk of the Village by Rebecca Shaw

The second installment of the Turnham Malpas series was gripping. I read it very quickly and couldn't put it down! I really like Rebecca Shaw's style of writing in that it is third person, but written from the perspective from different characters throughout, showing their thoughts and personalities through the narrative. Muriel still has to be my favourite character - she is just so sweet and kind. A few interesting plot twists such as those involving the Baxters and Venetia and so on, kept me wanting to read on. What I like about these stories is the fact that the plots aren't always predictable, but things always end well for the good characters (which is why I like chick lit so much!). I'm now looking forward to reading the third installment to see what happens in Turnham Malpas next! I give this book 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment