Wednesday 22 August 2012

Summer Daydreams by Carole Matthews

I've read quite a few Carole Matthews books, but this one was a bit of a disappointment in comparison to some of her best ones. Whilst I loved the idea behind the story, and enjoyed parts of the book, overall something didn't work for me. I think the main problem was that I didn't like the main character, Nell. At times she was a bit irritating, and a lot of the time a bit stupid. The easiness with which she kissed another man, and then accepted that her husband had maybe kissed another woman didn't seem very realistic. Some of the storylines didn't seem all that realistic, either, and tended to get out of hand very quickly. In addition, the handbags described didn't sound very nice at all! But some parts were enjoyable to read, and other bits did make me laugh out loud, so it wasn't all bad: just not as good as others I have read. Therefore I give this book 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment