Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Heart Whisperer by Ella Griffin

I really didn't like this book when I first started it. I hated all of the main characters, especially Ray and Claire. They were so immature and in a world of their own and they just generally annoyed me. The worst point for me was when Claire tried to get rid of her father's dog so heartlessly by pretending he was a stray to the vet. I was tempted to stop reading but was glad I didn't, however, because things turned around about half way through as new plots were revealed and the main characters Claire, Ray and Nick all began to change for the better. Claire overcame her fear of dogs and fell in love with 'Dog'. Ray learnt that he actually enjoyed being a father. And Nick realised that he wasn't so perfect. The story line including the love interest Richard was good, and threw a few spanners in the works. And I really liked the ending, as I was worried that Ray and Claire would end up together, but the actual ending was much better. Overall I give this book 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment