Friday 25 October 2013

The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones

I'm slightly confused as to whether I enjoyed this book. There were parts where I was really gripped, and I enjoyed getting to know all the characters at the beginning. However, whilst there were some odd aspects to the uninvited guests, especially Charlie, and it was clear they were supposed to be ghosts, I just don't think it was executed well enough. There were times where events were just trying a little too hard to be strange. But I did like all of the characters, especially Emerald, Ernest and Patience, which I feel is an important part of a story. Smudge was also a lovely character, and her quirks made me love her all the more. The ending did bring the story to a good conclusion, but it was just the main body which lacked something. I give this book 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment