Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I don't normally read many non-chick-lit type books, but this was a present which came highly recommended so I decided to give it a go. It was actually really good, though, so I was pleasntly surprised. It took a while for the plot to take off, but when it finally did I was hooked. There were some really surprising twists in the story which I didn't expect. And I felt that I really got to know a lot of the characters in depth. Although sometimes I got confused between some of the Spanish names which seemed similar at first. And another complaint is that the author sometimes came across as a bit pretentious when he chose to use long and complicated words and sentences when describing ordinary things. I'm still going to be reading chick lit most of the time, but it was interesting to read something different for a change. I give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment