Tuesday 22 October 2013

A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French

I was quite disappointed with this book, as I'd really enjoyed Dawn French's second book, 'Oh Dear Silvia'. The main problem was that I didn't like any of the characters. Mo was drippy and depressing, but didn't seem to improve much until the last few pages. Dora was an irritating and extremely stupid teenager who acted more like a little child. The language used in her chapters, whilst probably accurate for girls her age, was painful to read. I'd rather it had been third person to avoid this. Oscar's chapters were more enjoyable and quite amusing, however. I found it hard to get into the story and to care about the characters. The ending was good, though, but it was far too late to rescue the book as a whole. I give this book 3/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment