Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan

Although this was an 'ok' read, there was something missing that made me fall in love with Colgan's other 'food' novels. The story was a lovely idea, and the addition of Claire's story was wonderful. It is actually hard to put my finger on why exactly this didn't have me totally gripped. Perhaps it was the main character, Anna, who didn't seem to have much about her, or the love interest Laurent, who I found incredibly boring, despite his potential for being a heart throb. The descriptions of Paris and the food were enjoyable, as was the shop itself. Claire's story with Thierry was nice to read and ended rather well. But the story as a whole was a little flat, and sometimes I found myself reading this book just so I could finish it and read the next one on my list. I give this book 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment